Moonbreakers: A Brief Update

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by garat, January 22, 2013.

1. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Moon Breakers community,

First, we are sorry there hasn’t been more communication about the state of Moon Breakers. The current state is that development has effectively been halted on the game. Imba, the developer and owner of the game, ran out of money and the Moon Breakers team was disbanded.

Uber, as the publisher, is going to continue to maintain the servers for now. In addition it may be possible under some future scenarios for us to acquire the rights and continue to develop it.
  2. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I forwarded this link to the Moon Breaker forums. There are a lot there wanting to know the state of the game. I also posted it in the thread they all made here.
  3. slipsh0d

slipsh0d New Member

Thankyou for posting that garat, you've cleared up the confusion surrounding the game & let the players know where things stand. Thanks also for your willingness to keep the game running and maybe take over development at some point :)
  4. biguli

biguli New Member

I really appreciate your answer garat. :)

It is something at least, we can hold on. I even started to flame uber at facebook. :) Sorry about that. :)

But i beg to u peeps, please do not give up on MoonBrakers! The community is awesome, the game is unique, i bet there is potential in it, which would worth the effort. :) So get back to work! :)

Cheers!
    <Reapers> Adama
  5. jbgostick

jbgostick New Member

Thank you for the update, Garat.
    I've posted an announcement on the Moonbreaker's player forum to let everyone know.

- Loki
  6. guythaum

guythaum New Member

Thanks for the news, and thanks for keeping the servers on!

I plan to enjoy it while I can. Hope that things work out and MoonBreakers finds a home at Uber. Natural synergy, I'd say, and there's a couple of key assets already in house.

I'll give you a backstory that accounts for game physics and match making quirks, if that'll help.

http://moonbreakers.userecho.com/topic/145059-moonbreakers-backstory/
  7. slipsh0d

slipsh0d New Member

If there's one thing I'd ask ... please if you can, spare the 15 minutes that'd be needed for a dev to implement checksum verification of the client-side files with a value stored back on the server. Its quite easy to hack the game and give yourself uber skills - we reported this to WJ two months before development stopped, but unfortunately he never got around to fixing it.

I mention it because lately some people have started to use blatant hacks to give themselves god-like abilities, without fear of being banned as IMBA is no longer there to take action. If its allowed to continue it'll ruin the game and drive the community away.
  8. marvinswarve

marvinswarve New Member

Thanks for addressing this issue and updating the community with an explaination.

The beta is inherently flawed (crashes, hacks, trolls), yet the concept, gameplay, community and potential this game has keeps myself and many other budding pilots coming back for more.

I highly recommend the continuation of development. It could well be Awesome!
  9. poiuasd

poiuasd Well-Known Member

Can we get a similar status update for SMNC?
  10. DeadStretch

11. jbeetle

jbeetle Well-Known Member

took Deadstretch longer to post than I thought it would
  12. poiuasd

poiuasd Well-Known Member

If this is still the case I'd like a colored username to confirm it. Didn't Lennard start getting paid for working on PA after this?
  13. DeadStretch

Is Lennard's username not colored?
  14. nghtstr

nghtstr New Member

Has anyone else been having problems logging into MoonBreakers from Chrome? I can go through the login process, but now I get a "Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request." error page.

I know that Uber has disbanded the MoonBreakers team, but is there any home in getting this minor problem fixed?
  15. DeadStretch

16. jbgostick

jbgostick New Member

I've had several players report this same issue on the Moon Breaker's player forum & Userecho, as well as noticing reduced active servers (3 remain).

Any info or update would be helpful.

Thanks,

Loki
  17. tairoylance112

tairoylance112 New Member

Hopefully you guys could fix the lobby waiting time, it starts right away without people been ready
  18. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

19. jbeetle

jbeetle Well-Known Member

I seriously doubt it.
  20. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General