[REL] PA Stats (Decommissioned)

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by cola_colin, August 15, 2013.

1. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Yeah but anyone can search for my nanoswarming prowess, even after days of not playing.
  2. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Couple of suggestions, it would be nice to exclude my stats from games that I'm casting or short games practicing BOs and don't do anything in the sense of a proper game. Or perhaps even just excluding wild outlying results which don't fall close to the averages.

It would be really nice to have rolling averages by week and by month so I can track my improvements in APM / build efficiency. Maybe some nice graphs that hopefully slope upwards :)
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Graphs per player are a nice idea.
    Your observer data is detected and deleted a few minutes after a game has ended. Currently this only works after a game is finished because I don't want to delete actual player data by accident. If you are annoyed by our short rubbish data you could uncheck "send data to pa stats" when you observe.
  4. stormingkiwi

Yeah this.

IT's odd lol. If I have higher APM, my build efficiency is lower :/
  5. cola_colin

Don't try to force high apm. High apm are usually not a skill themselves. Instead they are an indication of one of these possibilities:

1.) You know what you are doing, so you are fast about it
    2.) You are trying hard to achieve high apm, forgetting about important other stuff

;)
  6. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

i won the tourney being at the lowest apm in the tourney probably.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  7. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Why not just uncheck the send to pa stats box when you're casting?

EDIT: What cola_colin said
    totalannihilation likes this.
  8. cola_colin

Liar, you're apm is around 100 when you play full speed as far as I can see. That's the upper region of PA players already. So maybe you just know what you are doing ;P
  9. stormingkiwi

Oh - what generally happens is if I'm at high APM, the AI spawned a long way from me and hit me with a couple of vicious attacks, so I have to defend.

Then I double my number of factories to produce multiple units (because 8 factories at 60% are still better than 4 at 100)

Then I try and reduce the amount of raiding that's occurring on my economy.
  10. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

hmm okay, according to Grep i am low apm. He always complains about that in the streams. xD
  11. cola_colin

Grep probably just is an apm junky ;)
  12. cola_colin

the latest patch broke something, resulting in weird behavior. Gonna fix it this evening. Games that are recorded today have a high chance of being deleted later :(
  13. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Yeah he is. I never seen someone use 200 clicks to move 2 ants before. A joy to watch :D
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  14. cola_colin

I *think* I fixed it all. Quite a few broken things though. If anyone still spots bugs please tell me.
    If you are using the online version of the mod you don't have to do anything.
    If you should still use the offline version delete it and reinstall: http://www.nanodesu.info/pastats/download

EDIT:
    The patch btw fixed the broken planet values. So the temperature, etc should be correct now on the page.

EDIT2:
    Also the player list name shows teams again. That's not a fix in PA, but I rather fixed a problem in a rather quick way and this somehow happened. I can't remember why I removed it last time though :S
    Last edited: November 12, 2013
  15. eukanuba

eukanuba Well-Known Member

Excellent work! I never bothered checking my APM in Forged Alliance but I assumed it was something really crap. I've just played a test game against the AI and found that my APM averages around 70, and I peaked at 160!
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  16. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

That's better than me, I average at 30ish and peak to about 100. But I'm still quite new to RTS (PA is the first "real" one that I've played) and I'm improving quickly.
  17. eukanuba

What does it count as an action? Is it just mouse clicks or does it count some or all key presses? I do a lot of navigating using the arrow keys so if that's included it will be artificially inflated.
  18. cola_colin

All key presses. I am pretty sure my apm mostly comes from pressing shift xD The whole point is to tell how many keys you press.
    Actually it might be funny to actually tell what keys where pressed. hmm
  19. eukanuba

All key presses including chat? :)

That would explain my 267 APM peak in the last game.
  20. cola_colin

Yes
    All of them. No exceptions.