[REL] PA Stats (Decommissioned)

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by cola_colin, August 15, 2013.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

how did it not work? did the reconnect button not work? did it not offer reconnect?
  2. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

the button did not work
    on click nothing happened, while the abanodn button worked. funny story, i even started a 2nd game with the mod on, and tried it again, didnt work either.

Then I deactivated the mod, and hit reconnect, and was reconnected to the first game, where i was absent 10 minutes. still won it...
    ^^
  3. cola_colin

I have no idea what why that would happen.

EDIT: Checked again, worked again...
    Last edited: September 29, 2013
  4. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

ill try it again later, maybe it was a one time problem
  5. cola_colin

I have now updated the mod to be only available as an online mod. Meaning the ini for the mod manager now has a single important line:

global_mod_list='http://www.nanodesu.info/stuff/pa/mods/live/pastats/pa_stats_loader.js'

That js file loads the mod from my webserver automatically.
    This means that once you update to the next version you most likely wont need to update anymore as it will download the newest version of the mod while you play all by itself.

Be wary of the fact that I renamed the mod folder to pa_stats_online it. So to update you should delete the old pa_stats directory (or the mod_loader) and disable it in the mod manager. After that download the new version of the mod and install it as usual with the manager. If all goes well that will be the last update of the mod that you have to do by hand until something very fundamental changes in PA. So hopefully never.
  6. cola_colin

7. cola_colin

The PA Tournaments mod now bundles the online version of PA Stats. If you use PA Tournaments you can remove PA Stats Online completely. If you don't you should update make sure you updated to the online version as only the online version of PA Stats checks if it is already loaded by another mod.
    Generally it's highly recommended to update you'll be forced at some point ;)
  8. cola_colin

Updated the page with more stats per player, as promised:

http://www.nanodesu.info/pastats/player?player=410

You can now just click the player's name to view previous names.

EDIT:
    Also note that those values are based on sql statements I threw together rather quickly. So if you find them to be weird/wrong please tell me.

EDIT 2:
    Also the header of the stats table has tooltips.
  9. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Quick question: I tried using my tablet (Android) to display the stats while casting a game with Greppy the other day, but the graphs wouldn't show up. Any thoughts as to why this might be?

Screenshot attached :)

Attached Files:

10. cola_colin

Because it fails to execute the javascript that loads the data and puts it into the chart? No idea why that would happen. Update the browser maybe? I dont own a device like that so no idea. Maybe you can open a webdebugger and check if it throws some javascript error?
    However I do know that it worked before on the smartphones of my classmates, some where using ios some where using android.
    Maybe just reload a few times? If the cache of your browsers goes mad the empty chart can happen on chrome, too. It is very rare though.
  11. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I have just done a quick experiment - it actually runs on the stock browser for the tablet, it's just Chrome for Android that doesn't make it work.

I shall use the stock browser instead! :p
  12. cola_colin

Updated the game stats with a display of a few average values. They are not updated automatically though. Might change. Next update will be a "search for player" function.
    Also fixed the calculation of avg apm for a single player. The values should be a bit higher now as before it considered games you observed as 0 apm.

EDIT:

looking at it the build efficiency avg has to be too low somehow...

EDIT2: Issue found, will be fixed soon.

EDIT3: fixed, damn rounding errors
    Last edited: October 18, 2013
  13. cola_colin

So yet another update, I decided to do the automatic updates for the per player stats ingame first, cause it's technically more interesting to do.

It's now using a comet to push updates of those stats + the game duration/winner, so they update by themselves while the game is live.

Also it now shows the number of users it has and a few runtime things on the extra page.
  14. cola_colin

A few other posts gave me the idea that maybe anyone wants to contribute somehow to PA Stats? Currently I am working with a private svn server, but I guess I could try to put it on github. Always wanted to try using it ;)
    For interested people: PA Stats is build with Lift, which is a scala based webframework. It builds it's html content using a template system that is pretty good at separating html/code. Additionally ofc it also has the ingame mod part, which obviously a PA mod, so html + js.
    So knowledge with scala or html/css/js or both would be helpful. I am a novice at all this technologies, so don't expect well written code :p

Anyone interested?
  15. gunshin

gunshin Well-Known Member

my interest kinda died on me a while ago haha hah ha... sorry =[ damn uni work!
  16. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Any chance of a search function?
    totalannihilation likes this.
  17. cola_colin

search a player by name?

planned, I won't give an ETA on it, but I don't think it will be too long.
  18. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Lol

Then people can see my stats during games where I nanoswarm the AI.
  19. cola_colin

Well they can see that now as well, recent games and the links to the "profiles" of the players within are not hard to find ;)
  20. cola_colin