Planetary Annihilation Beta Livestream - September 27

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, September 27, 2013.

1. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

We streamed today! Watch Jon and Brad talk about the beta build as “Mad Man” Mike plays against some of the guys in the office. We cover a ton of different topics, including:
    • Metal spots and overall game balance
    • Planet smashing and orbital play
    • Core strategy, resource management
    • Plans for future content: Galactic War, clans, tournaments, and lobby options
    • And much, much more
    Culverin and Taragashi like this.
  2. Z3K0N15

Z3K0N15 Active Member

Great Stream Uber...you answered most of the questions I needed to know...Again,Great work and thanks!...also can't wait for BURNING TREES :D
    archcommander likes this.
  3. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

about the question about icons under fog of war. i didnt watch the stream live, but I wanted to note, that on big grey planets (scale 4, rocky planet) it is nearly impossbile to keep track of "scouted" buildings, because the greyed out "ghosts" are so hard to find. I would imagine that strat icons greyed out like in SupCom would work much better.
    thetallestone likes this.
  4. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Whaaaa! I missed a LiveStream? This wasn't promoted as much was it? I don't even think I seen it on my Twitter or Facebook feed. Though it could have gotten buried by all the Thursday Fantasy Football news.
  5. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Oh what? Why no announcement? :( will have to watch tomorrow
  6. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Nice stream. good thing I follow uber @ twitch. Got a mail about the stream that way 5 min before it started :)
  7. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Wow... there was stream... :(
    I think we need LARGE RED LINK to stream on top of forum page next time.
  8. comham

comham Active Member

That was neat. Of course, you can't hear the sound effects on the stream but the visuals look like they are getting along well. Really nice colour gradient on the nuke smoke trail. Explosions look amazing. And did my eyes deceive me, or was the planet lighting shifted to dawn/dusk colours along the terminator?

Can't wait to see the death star and smaller laser bolts in action too. Get even more colour into the combat.
  9. plink

plink Active Member

Great to hear lighting / planet contrast tweaks are coming. I think some night based game play sounds really interesting too.

Then that just leaves the current fog of war needing a different\better idea. The current contrast based fog of war is far too hard to see. Especially on rock planets. Not to mention with the better lighting effects, the current fog of war would detract from that look.
  10. vipez

vipez Member

That Stream was really good.
    It was:
    -long
    -informative
    -interesting
    -funny
    and the battle in the background was also really neat!
    archcommander and Taragashi like this.
  11. xfreezy

xfreezy Member

Nice stream with good infos. As always wrote a news and summary on our site :)
  12. smallcpu

smallcpu Active Member

Some good info.

John looked so uncomfortable in comparison to Brad, so thank you for making those even though it may be hard for you. :)

One thing was bothering me though... why do you energy stall and waste mass at the same time. Whyyy.... :(
  13. FireDrakeX

FireDrakeX Member

That was everything a developer stream should be. It would be fantastic if you could do one of these twice a month, for the questions and status updates if nothing else (though the game in the background was a lot of fun to watch).

Keep up the great work guys.