What can we do for the backers?

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by neutrino, June 17, 2013.

1. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

this makes interplanetary warfare very interesting. Will I attack the Planet itself directly, as the enemy has all his production there, or will I start a base on the moon, and use this as a base for launching my attacks with unit cannons? lots of possibilities there.
  2. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

The galactic war is still in the design stage. Keep in mind it's a metagame not a realtime universe you fly around in.

I hope we make the release date but all things always approximate. Making games is spectacularly wack when it comes to scheduling. I'm fairly happy with our pace so far as we've gone from nothing to playable game pretty fast.
  3. acetylene7

acetylene7 Member

Will people be able to organize themselves into teams and fight other teams in the galactic war? I love the idea of different groups owning territory they can expand and contest in battles for.

I was in the alpha and beta for Global Agenda which had different alliances (formed of clans / agencies) fight each other in instanced games for territory control on a map, I feel this concept could translate really well for the Galactic War in PA. They came up with some good solutions to some of the problems the persistence created. Some solar systems could be smaller and support two different teams of a few people, whilst more important systems might support numerous teams of people fighting for control.

There were a number of these meta-games occurring at once. I could see a group of friends on their own Galactic War against AI but there could also be bigger servers hosted by gaming groups which 100's of people could be participating in. The server owners of that galactic war could assign 'open' hours for the war to concentrate the action and so players could sleep knowing their territories weren't under threat.

The meta-game elements wouldn't have to be as complex as Global Agenda or something like Eve, I just think having different groups of players contesting of territory whilst playing games of politics between each other would be really interesting. It's putting a new layer of player driven strategy and politics on-top of the already huge scale of PA.

I know that was really off-topic, I could make a new thread for this though.
  4. veta

veta Active Member

The above two posts, #1 expressing the difficulties involved and #2 expressing the potential, are why I don't think Uber should try to make release on some "promised" features. They have a chance to make some really good stuff but it's challenging work. I'd rather see them get it right after release (perhaps in its own beta) than juggle it and other challenges to ostensibly keep us happy.

Off topic but has Uber considered additional supporter/backer packs for after release or beta? Something like this: https://www.pathofexile.com/purchase
  5. neutrino

Yes. The idea is to have the meta-game be able to work with whatever we call clans.
  6. nick2k

nick2k Active Member

Derailing
    SNAP TO GRID PLEASE! my CDO is going insane! D:
  7. MaestroMaus

MaestroMaus New Member

Ah, thanks for the answers! ;)
  8. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I see what you did there. :lol:
  9. doud

doud Well-Known Member

What can Uber do for bakers ?

Maybe show us work in progress new biomes, Units design improvements, unless of course you want to keep this as a bonus surprise for next builds ;)

In New alpha trailer which is posted on stream i have noticed that AA turrets have a different design than the current one : New version ? T2 version ?

Anyway, you've done so much so far that i do not really feel like confortable to request for more ;)

Attached Files:

10. doud

doud Well-Known Member

My mistake, i should by glasses these are the exact same one as we have in game :lol:
  11. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Yes! Ahead of the curve! ;)
  12. krashkourse

krashkourse Member

Backers should still get a cool new hear from the devs and such in here about cool new things and experiments.
  13. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

Speaking of new things, I'm starting to suffer from patch withdraw syndrome :p :lol:

Don't work faster, just work better. Quality over quantity :mrgreen: .
  14. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I don't know if many of the old OTA online community are on here- but what this sounds allot like is the IGW (Inter Galactic War) that was implemented as part of the Phoenix Works client for OTA.

The way they ran that was that each system had a faction balance between arm and core. A win playing on the respective map resulted in shifting the result either way. Was quite a nice system as it meant the universe could be persistent but prevented rapid changes to the territories at it took multiple games to shift ownership of a system (had to get to 75% ownership for the particular faction).

One thing I am curious about is that in the feeds / tailors relating to the GW metagame there was mention of 'conquering smaller system to gain strength'... does this mean we will be able to take forces or resources from one system to another in order to have a better chance of winning in a heavily fortified system? I think it would be fantastic to be able to shift resources between systems although I'm unsure how this would be implemented?
  15. ascythian

ascythian Member

Id personally like to know if you would continue to support the game once it is completed.
    Expansions and patches and all that. Also more Necros!

[​IMG]
  16. krashkourse

krashkourse Member

More WIP
  17. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

Neutrino, what would you like the Backers to do with you?
    All we really want is something to do to pass the time. We've got the bug tracker under some semblance of control but some people don't want to (or can't in the case of Beta-level backers) help out with bug logging and replication.

Ask not what you can do for the backers, but what the backers can do for you.

(just have us do something that at least feels helpful)

---

For myself, I'd like to talk. I'm good at talking. What do you want me to talk about?
  18. neutrino

Play the game, spread the word and make cool mods.
  19. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

I can only texture... but as no one can add in their own units yet I'm at a bit of a loose end.
  20. nuendo

nuendo New Member

actually Jon there is something.

I don´t know about others, but I have a RTS winamp playlist I often put on with music from TA, supcom, starcraft + mixed orchestre music.
    If the music would be downloadable from this forum I am to be a very happy man. FLAC/mp3 formats for instance.
    Yes, the music in this game is that awesome!

I might have missed something if there is already a post :oops: