Lore ideas?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by zeus9999, February 14, 2013.

?

What did you think

1. AWESOME

10 vote(s)
    34.5%
  2. good

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. eh

7 vote(s)
    24.1%
  4. no way man!

11 vote(s)
    37.9%
  1. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

(this part is in a newpaper or electronis device)<some famous hero in-game> has just created a autonomous AI that can adapt to its enviroment within minutes and this revolutionary idea will bring the AI technology to a whole new level
    (news report and now narrators voice is a bit older) the <commanders> have just been issued a new assault mech to keep us safe so you can rest tight everyone
    (news narrator is now all haggard and tired) the <name of evil robot faction (cause AI's have been developed to the point of emotion)> have destroyed <name's of 4 planets> and we now have just our home left... earth. the <good faction of commanders> have tried to save us but it is futile... the human race is doomed. (fades to a picture of humans retreating and putting some into stasis and the evil robots attacking cities).

(the end)

i know its kinda sad but they said humans were extinct and i thought at the end of a campaign the good commanders win and find the stasis pods and the human race begins anew (now its happy)
  2. kmike13

kmike13 Member

It's kind of cliche...
  3. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

HOW how in the heck is it cliche
  4. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Because the idea of humanity creating it's own demise is nothing new, Skynet anyone?

Mike
  5. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

really? its done before? well then how about everyone makes their own story and we can comment on it and modify it :D that would work :D
  6. spainardslayer

spainardslayer Well-Known Member

How about this :

Humanity has wiped itself out by constant warfare, diseases, famines and genocides. Before the collapse, several of the factions sent out commanders as Von Neumann probes to build new colonies for mankind in the outer reaches of the galaxy. Unfortunately, a programming error caused them to become hostile to each other. They started developing new weapons, building huge armies, and destroying whole planets. And so started the interstellar conflict that still rages on to this day with no end in sight.

This only took me 5 minutes to come up with and type, so don't be so harsh :)
  7. KNight

KNight Post Master General

8. mortiferusrosa

mortiferusrosa Member

Im sure dots could come up with something good as usual... :mrgreen:
  9. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

it only took me like 2 mins to come up with my story :p and i like it except that the new weapons thing it says in the story that it has been captured and refined but other than that where is the humanity wiped out and what happens?

other than that its kewl
  10. drsinistar

drsinistar Member

Sounds like the story of 9. The 30 seconds of lore kind of gives off the impression that the commanders are basically Borg, but you know, not biological parts.

Resistance is futile!
  11. spainardslayer

What do you mean the story of 9? Is a movie or book or something cause I've never heard of it. Also the intro gives me the feeling that the robots were the ones to wipe out humanity and refine their technology. Also if the war spans the whole galaxy, how come the commanders haven't encountered aliens or other sentient life forms? Do they just kill them on sight?
  12. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

no i like to brainstorm these things
  13. zachb

zachb Member

Hmmmmmmm well the only way i can think of to get a universe with robots and no people without having the robots killing everyone is something similar to the set up of Wall-E.

In the dark future pollution and type 2 diabetes have wiped out mankind. All that remains are the intelligent machines created to serve the long deceased population of Earth. Across the stars the descendants of Roombas and very complicated toaster ovens battle for dominance.
    bastian0483 and melhem19 like this.
  14. spainardslayer

Holy crap that's becoming my signature for this forum :lol:
  15. sylvesterink

sylvesterink Active Member

Hmmm, this one seems pretty good. Unless somebody else can get John Patrick Lowrie to explain their idea to me, I say Uber should do that one.
  16. drsinistar

drsinistar Member

Google is really helpful with this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9_(2009_film)

At least the background of 9 is similar to the OP's suggestion. The rest of the movie is strange.
  17. Consili

Consili Member

I'm with you guys. Nice, simple, allows for speculation. Not like the horrible story lines that normally plague RTS games.
  18. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Cheesey storys work if the game is cheesey like in CNC.

But for PA, anything like TA would do.
  19. Pluisjen

Pluisjen Member

They probably ignore them, since it's not in their programming to give a damn. And things that go ignored in all-out war tend to get destroyed anyway.
  20. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Well there are trees on other planets, so yeah they either ignore them, or reclaim them for energy :twisted: