Terrible Lag and FPS Drops.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by damnhippie, May 26, 2014.

1. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

problem with this game is that its streaming position of every unit that you can see. The more units are in game the more data needs to be send. Thanks to that if someone have bad PC he can play, but also everyone needs to have good connection and server need to work fast.

I played many games on my standard connection, and i can play 5min of game and then its starts to be unplayable. Units are teleporting, everything is refreashing every 1-15s. I remember when i was playing, giving orders to my engies in base, everything ok and BAM, everything gone in 1s and im dead. What happend? Someone comes to my base and slowly kills everything, and i have such big lag that i have seen state before, and then it updates to state after. Nightmare. 10mbit connection, small pings( 40-60) in other games, works fine in every other game.

I played already over 15 games on LTE connection from phone (using hotspot wifi) and for sure, game works much better. I even played big games with few planets and almost no lags. Dont know why, but it works much better.
  2. vytasbigg

vytasbigg New Member

Low fps mid-game 40 fps can you help me my spec Cpu Ryzen 5 1600. Gpu gtx 750ti. ram 8 gb.mom asus prime B350M-A
  3. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

that's really nothing to go on. do you have logs. dxdiag would be good. google is your friend if you don't get what I'm asking for.

sorry :s
  4. vytasbigg

vytasbigg New Member

Attached Files:

5. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Low fps 'mid game' is normal- PA slows down quite a lot with high unit counts. Also with large systems. Note that your 8gb of ram is quite low for PA Titans- 12 to 16gb is preferable although so long as you aren't playing on very large maps you should be ok.

DX Diag looks ok
    tatsujb likes this.
  6. vytasbigg

vytasbigg New Member

I am playing on small maps but still lag just 2 k units and enemy has a little bit of units
  7. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

Putting hundreds of land/air/orbital units on area patrol also increases the computational burden.