No landing zones, the countdown freezes at 1

Discussion in 'Support!' started by ayyfabulous, September 10, 2017.

1. ayyfabulous

ayyfabulous New Member

Steam, Vanilla PA, recently installed, never installed any mods. Galactic War, Uber size.

The system has one planet, the planet is almost all water with few tiny islands. There is one marker for a landing zone but the green area under it is a tiny dot. Clicking on the dot does not let me place my commander.

After waiting for the automatic countdown to start the battle, 3 of my sub commanders beam down. My commander does not. Enemy commander does not. The countdown is freezed to '1'.

I tried to 'Surrender' but it does nothing. I quitted to Galactic War but it does not let me pick another planet. If I start the fight again, the planet is the same as are the problems.

- I verified integrity of game files and it says "100% complete All files successfully validated."
    - Entering the planet details from the logs into the system editor generates the same planet with the same issue: a tiny dot for a landing zone.

Attached Files:

2. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

The system editor has a defect that does not preview landing zones the same as the server on water worlds so you can't rely on its landing zone previews. It's older code with a hit test on land only and that should be amphibious like the server. That will be fixed in the next system editor update.

The actual landing zone issue with extra sub commanders on water worlds is a deeper issue I'll have to look at when I restart on PA.

If you really want to hack around then try live editing that system before you click fight in the gw_play scene using the debugger.

Code:
    model.currentStar().system().planets[0].generator.waterDepth = 60
    stuart98 and Quitch like this.
  3. ayyfabulous

ayyfabulous New Member

Thanks. I got the fight to start ok by modifying waterHeight and waterDepth until the generator managed to make the LZs.
    jakerowan92 likes this.
  4. jakerowan92

jakerowan92 New Member

Glad you got it handled, was having a similiar issue before.