No Build Menu

Discussion in 'Support!' started by zackii, December 26, 2016.

1. zackii

zackii New Member

Hi all,

I just purchased PA and I'm loving it so far. However I am having an issue with the build menu not showing up. This happens after I start a Galactic War, I get into my first match. Everything works fine, but when I save and exit, and come back to it later, I cannot access the build menu on any units or buildings.

No mods are installed and I have tried verifying the cache, running as admin, reloading the UI, and tried out the "--software-ui" fix, no luck. The only fix I have found is restarting the battle and beginning from new, which isn't my favourite thing to do.

I've attached some screenshots of my units selected with no build menu, as well as my systems DxDiag.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: December 26, 2016
  2. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

3. zackii

zackii New Member

Oops, thanks for the link, sorry about that! Added the logs to the main post.
  4. mikeyh

Did you have an GW mods enabled when you saved the game?
  5. zackii

zackii New Member

Nope, only thing I installed was the base game, no mods. Haven't tinkered with any settings other than changing a couple keys around but that's it.
  6. mikeyh

7. zackii

zackii New Member

Tried this already, no luck, all files were validated.
  8. mikeyh

Post a Dropbox (or similar) file sharing link to the following files:
    • C:\Users\Zack\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\GWSave147694.par.gz
    • C:\Users\Zack\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\GWSave147694.par.info.json
  9. zackii

zackii New Member

I believe my account is too new to post links, as I'm met with an error message regarding non white-listed websites. Would I be able to PM you the link or some other method?
  10. mikeyh

FYI - still trying to reproduce this one.
  11. zackii

zackii New Member

Still happening on my end. Started Galactic War -> Got a tech (Think that's what they're called) -> Jumped to planet and began a fight -> Saved and quit -> Come back later, start PA, hit Singleplayer and Resume Latest Save -> select commander or bot -> no build menu. I'll try creating a new Galactic War game and let you know if it is still occurring with a fresh game. If that doesn't work I will try a clean reinstall.

Update: Upon starting a new Galactic war and resuming a battle, a new problem has arisen. All units including the commander have disappeared from the planet now and nothing can be selected as the planet is bare. Going to try a fresh install of the game and hoping this will resolve all issues.
    Last edited: January 9, 2017
  12. maguba

maguba New Member

Had the same problems.

Fixed somehow. Try:

- run Steam and game as administrator
    - launch game with "--nomods" command option
    - update graphic drivers
    - download and install DirectX (June 2010)
    - download and install Visual C++ 2012
    - in 3d Nvidia settings for PA.exe: full performence in energy manegment and change to application antialiasing
    - disable Steam overlay
    - disable Steam desktop Theatre

Not sure which one solved problem.
    Last edited: February 14, 2017
  13. redpho3nix

redpho3nix New Member

Okay so there is no treatment to this bug and the only thing what you can do is to restart the battle. Same goes with when your commander does not appear.
  14. mikeyh

@zackii can you please try that game again.
  15. zackii

zackii New Member

Yeah I can try again after class today. I will update this post with the outcome.

Update: Everything seems back in working order. After loading up a game I can select commanders and fabricators again. Not sure what happened but all is well now!
    Last edited: May 15, 2017