Crash Issue

Discussion in 'Support!' started by dunasco, September 22, 2015.

1. dunasco

dunasco Member

Updated all drivers, my friend recently bought me PA:T I tried it out, the first few missions were fine, but a little bit in a Galactic War it crashes right after I nuke someone and win.
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Bah, sorry to hear it is being so difficult for you...

Can you check the following list of known incompatible software to see if you have any software from it?
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/233250/discussions/2/558751813508748383/

Another thing you can try is checking the Windows system files. Microsoft has a built-in utility for that called sfc. Instructions are here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Also, do you remember what the error code was that the blue screen showed you?
    mkrater likes this.
  3. dunasco

dunasco Member

I don't remember the code, sorry. Will try out the links, thanks.
  4. dunasco

dunasco Member

I have also noticed that my wifi seems to go out everytime I exit PA or PA:T, and I would have to reset my connection to get it back.
  5. dunasco

dunasco Member

I have tested it out on other games but PA or PA:T are the only ones that cause this.
  6. DeathByDenim

Yeah, those poor little wifi routers really get a beating when you play PA. So many packets! Argh! Die... My router used to do that too until I got a decent one. You might want to see if there is new firmware available for your router, though that won't help with the crashing of PA itself.

Do you have any results from the links I sent you?
  7. dunasco

dunasco Member

Driver Booster updated 19 drivers and Intel updated 1 driver.
  8. DeathByDenim

Did that fix the crashing or haven't you had a chance to play much yet?
  9. dunasco

dunasco Member

It still crashes from time to time. I think it fixed it a little bit.
  10. DeathByDenim

Hmm, well, that is better than nothing. Did you already check the list of software and tried the sfc tool?
  11. dunasco

dunasco Member

Yes, and what is the SFC tool? Sorry for the delay.
  12. DeathByDenim

13. zypheron

zypheron New Member

Wow thanks man, just before I was about to lose all hope, I found this thread and closing MSI afterburner made me jump from 20-30fps + crash at 10 mins to 100fps+ at uber settings.
    DeathByDenim likes this.
  14. dunasco

dunasco Member

I have ran into a new problem, when I start PA:T, PA launches instead.
  15. dunasco

dunasco Member

Update: I have reverted all changes made to my client, i'm sure it has to do something with linking my steam account with my uber account, the name on the top left corner of the screen when you start it is now [steam username] (1).
  16. DeathByDenim

Yeah, that's a known problem. I think you need to mail support@uberent.com to get that one fixed.
  17. jcarter10

jcarter10 New Member

Unfortunely, my copy of PA cant load GW, and menus for it do not appear complete. I have but 4 Gigs of memory as well and I am thinking that this does not help matters at all. Do I need more memory? I otherwise meet all other requirements.
  18. DeathByDenim

Can you try running with the --nomods? Sometimes old mods can interfere. If that doesn't work, can you post a DxDiag.txt? You can make one by pressing <WinKey>+R, typing "dxdiag", and pressing "Save All Information...". You can upload the resulting file here using the "Upload a File" button on this forum.
  19. dunasco

dunasco Member

Update: A reinstall fixed the problem, but the name on the top left corner is still [steam username] (1). Would I still have to go to Uber support for this?
  20. DeathByDenim

Yeah, only Uber can fix that one. It has something to do with a new account being created while the old one still exists, so a (1) gets added. I'm not entirely sure how or why, but I do know that mailing support@uberent.com will fix it for you. :)

Neat that the reinstall fixed it for you! I guess some files got corrupted then.