[REL] PA Stats Server

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by cola_colin, March 23, 2015.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Using @mikeyh extension of pamm to handle shadowing free UI mods through server mods here is a version of PA Stats that can be enabled as a server mod. It's lightweight and only handles the sending of data. No chat or the like. Through an update of PA Stats that I just made however everyone in the game, even people who chose not to send data, will see this kind of button at the end, that opens the browser when you click it:

[​IMG]

On pamm now.

If a person has PA Stats already enabled this doesn't do anything.

Test with randoms worked fine: http://pastats.com/chart?gameId=303732
    Last edited: March 23, 2015
  2. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Does the PA Stats Server: Client Component invalidate the need for PA Stats Online, or do you still need that for things like ranked games? Will you be merging the two client components?
  3. cola_colin

The client component basically is the exact same thing as the server component, it only exists to remove the need for the host to reload the game lobby by hand.
    So PA Stats online is not invalidated at all, in fact if you look at the dependencies you'll see that the host of a PA Stats Server game needs PA Stats online enabled for technical reasons.

I won't merge them, as the PA Stats Server: Client Component contains code that makes only sense if the PA Stats Server mod is loaded for everyone in the game.
    Quitch likes this.
  4. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

PAStats Server doesn't collect data on AIs; couldn't it fetch that from the server stats?
    Quitch likes this.
  5. cola_colin

The stats tracking of PA itself afaik still is rather buggy and I tbh don't care that much for AIs.
  6. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

PA Stats Server has been patched with the following fixes:
    • no longer loads user interface twice (the original client and this server mod were loading from different domains after the server move in September 2015 causing duplicate scene entries eg game over)
    • fixed host chat spamming of lobbyId by server client mod when server mod failed to load (couple of scenarios including a known Uber issue where server mods are not reset and inherited from a previous game leaving the server client mod enabled but not the actual server mod)
    • fixed broken PA Stats image in game over (was using old domain)
  7. irvlipschitz

irvlipschitz Member

I'm running PA Titans version 89528. What is this version 89755 that I see on PA Stat?

upload_2016-1-28_10-50-6.png

I think I got it. The main menu page shows version 89528 and that's what I see in version.txt under my steamapps folder. The Uber launcher shows version 89755 for both stable and PTE. Never mind...
    Last edited: January 28, 2016