Tank Comander Alpha [v0.2.04]

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by ozonexo3, June 20, 2014.

1. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

No, I Thank you! Your feedback is great, and I never thought that someone will help me so much. When Accounts will be ready, I will give you special emblemat on your tank! :)
  2. FXelix

FXelix Active Member

Okay hi, i've played the game very much now on PC and ( in school :p ) on my android device and I can give you a comment on the difficulty.
    So on PC it is quite easy because you use the mouse to aim, there is no problem so on PC the difficulty could be a bit higher I think. But on the other side it is quite hard on android, because you only can aim with the other touchscreen side, this is not easy as with a mouse. So if you want to increase the difficulty, you should do it in the PC version, the difficulty is for the first level on android hard enough.
    Do you have any plans to change the controls on the mobile devices, like with a control pad or something in this direction?
    So, but don't get me wrong, this game is super AWESOME. So keep up the good work man. :)
    ozonexo3 likes this.
  3. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

Many thanks! :)
    I'm not sure if all that gamepads are needed here. Maybe in the future as option in settings. Current controls work as gamepad but you can start it where you want, and ai like games with no buttons. For me its more natural for touchscreens. But i will add some buttons for powerups.
    About difficulty. I want to create cross-platform coop in future, and versus multiplayer where you need to capture bases, flags and turrets. But I will enchance auto aim on mobile.
    If this will not work, then I will think about something else. Maybe armor boosts for mobile users?

But this game is not simple, and require some skills.
    Last edited: June 30, 2014
  4. FXelix

FXelix Active Member

So yes a armor boost for mobile would be one solution maybe or just lowering the difficulty.
    The idea with the control pad was just an suggestion, because I think the only problem is, that is is very hard to aim with the touchscreen compared to the PC, but this is in the most cases of "PC compared to mobile".

And yes programming is really hard ^^ so you can have lots of time. I imagine I tried to create a Pacman game in C++... Even this was very hard :D
  5. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

Check next update, I will try to do something with autoaim today (im just returning from work)
    FXelix likes this.
  6. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

update
    v0.2.04
    Code:
    - Flamer Tank Hp from 500 to 600
    - Adv Tanks now spawn earlier and more often
    - Max enemys from 28 to 32
    - Spawn Speed Over Wave from 0.025 to 0.25
    - Powerup DMG from 130 to 200
    - Powerup Range from 5 to 4
    - Added Reset Local Data in settings
    - AutoAim helps more on Mobile Devices
    - Fixed energy needed icon on Powerup Load Icon

There is bug when using Reset Local Data function. First game played after reset will not be saved. I should work after this one game, or if you restart app. I will fix it next time.

Last edited: June 30, 2014
    shiwanabe likes this.
  7. tashadan

tashadan Active Member

Wow just tested it. Its awesome! Will you add multiplayer?
    The soundtrack is awesome but the "audiojungle" reminder is annoying.
  8. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

Yes, game will get 2 multiplayer gameplays - versus, where players needs to destroy base of their opponent, and coop in Campaign and arena.

I want to buy some of these soundtracks, and i found someone who will make music for this game :)

Also, thanks to my freend, i have new serwer for this game, accounts will come in next update. With them I will be able to give bonuses for some players, like special emblemats :D

After that i will work on armory, more weapons and enemys.
  9. tashadan

tashadan Active Member

Looking forward to it :)
  10. shiwanabe

shiwanabe Member

Oogh, that reminds me.

Finally got around to playing with the latest patch and I have to say it's feeling fairly polished already so far as the actual game play goes. The upgrades still have a very large effect on how easy it is to do things, but, well, that's the idea of upgrades.

The balance changes are definitely in the right direction for stopping ridiculous runs, although I must say that it's left me feeling a bit underpowered even with full upgrades. On a side tangent the health upgrade of the flame tanks didn't actually change how many shots it took for me to kill them with full upgrades (4 shots either way).

After the reset I can say that it felt like it was challenging me without like it punished errors too much.

My apologies about taking so long to get some feedback to you about this patch, I've finally gotten around to reinstalling XCOM:EW and an X-COM clone Xenonauts so I've been quite distracted. :oops:
    FXelix and ozonexo3 like this.
  11. FXelix

FXelix Active Member

My new comment on the controls after the latest patch, thought I already posted it,but haven't send it probably somehow.
    I don't know what you've done, but you made it really good! Now the aiming is so much better with the little bit of auto-aim , it is now a really good but still difficult game, but not ridiculous difficult like it was before. So good work with the control development!
    ozonexo3 likes this.
  12. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

Sorry for no updates, but right now I have a lot of work with other projects and exams. New update should be released soon... Oh, wait, I'm not Uber. I can't just say "soon" :)

So, new update will be released on 4th August. In October I will start with real production and release 1.0 before December.

Thanks for your support!
  13. shiwanabe

shiwanabe Member

With what you've managed, I think we're quite willing to wait. ;)
    ozonexo3 likes this.
  14. ace902902

ace902902 Active Member

Finally got my phone to camp. It's amazing to hear about what you've done with your game. Keep up the good work!
    ozonexo3 likes this.
  15. Taxman66

Taxman66 Well-Known Member

I could see this becoming very popular if you released it on the App. store. This is actually amazing.
    squishypon3, ozonexo3 and aevs like this.
  16. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

Yes fantastic work by Ozonexo3 ,i talk lot ppl about this they are play and love it....
    NOw i can play something usefull on android
    squishypon3 and ozonexo3 like this.
  17. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

Thanks. I'm working on big update with bigger map and many new features.
  18. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I can't seem to download it on my android phone, gives me an error.
  19. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

What error exactly?
    Maybe first download it from PC and then send it to phone using USB cable. This will help if your mobile web browser is not allowing you to download *.apk files.
    When installing you need to allow in settings "unknown sources".
    Game requires android 2.3 or later and at least ARM7 cpu
  20. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

It goes "starting download", then "download failed".

Also where would I put the .apk file to install it?