Alpha question

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by figa12, February 18, 2013.

1. figa12

figa12 New Member

Hello,

I just pre ordered PA and was wondering if the alpha for PA will be across all the planned operating systems in the alpha or is that a goal for the release?

I am asking this question because my windows gaming rig is at my mom's house but at my dad I only have a macbook pro.

Thanks in advance.
  2. drsinistar

drsinistar Member

Somewhere neutrino or another staff member said that if you buy it once, it's for all platforms.
  3. KNight

KNight Post Master General

The OP was more so referring to the Alpha testing, to which I don't think anything specific has been said yet, maybe that it'll start with windows and expand to other platforms shortly after?

Mike
  4. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

It rather depends on "which alpha" you're asking about. Some early alpha builds may be intended to test specific features or platforms. To that end it's plausible the first alpha will be initially released as for a single OS, or for multiple platforms, or some subset of the options.

I can say we currently are developing the game concurrently cross platform, and not everyone is using Windows as their primary dev environment (though it is the most common). It is certainly our intent to maintain feature parity across all platforms through out development including during Alpha and Beta releases.
  5. 3dmo

3dmo New Member

Greetings,

Is there a rough date when Alpha will be rolled out?

Regards,
  6. KNight

KNight Post Master General

When it's ready to be rolled out.

Uber has an internal date they're aiming for, but they still won't put it out until it's ready.

Mike
  7. Hydrofoil

Hydrofoil Member

To add to this uber won't release any concrete dates it'll be ready when its ready they don't want to miss a deadline and be hung drawn as quartered by us lol quite smart of them if you think about it ;)
  8. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

^^^ This.

:mrgreen:
  9. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

March 15th, you heard it here first
    I hope, oh lord do I hope
  10. Consili

Consili Member

Congratulations, we can now hang draw and quarter you in Uber Ent's place ;)