Confirmed features and suggestions

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by xedi, August 17, 2012.

1. allot

allot Member

2. hyno111

hyno111 New Member

How about just customize ONE Ultimate Unit? This is far easier to make and to balance, it also adds variety and Awesomeness. (Millions of turrets,Millions of stars! For the Church of the Multi-turrets!)

I like the idea of AI API, remember Sorian AI?
  3. coldboot

coldboot Active Member

Xedi, would you consider maintaining the "Confirmed Features and Suggestions" list on the Planetary Annihilation Wiki on Wikia?

I already copied your features a few days ago to the Features: Proposed and Confirmed page, with all of the forum links.

This wiki is editable by anyone, including you, and has the benefit of showing "recent activity" so people can tell when things have been added or edited. There is also room to link to more detail for each feature so people can better understand it, and most importantly so Uber Entertainment developers can remember each little consideration that the community has thought about when implementing a feature.

It may be pretty cool to be the guy who owns the most active thread in the forums that can influence development, but wouldn't you agree that it's better for the community if we can all contribute directly?

Edit: I moved it to ShoutWiki, which is much cleaner and faster than Wikia.
  4. kaxi85

kaxi85 New Member

(At first - sorry for my "not so good" english, i´m not a native speaker ;) )
    I played TA a lot (the first 6 years after release,then Sup.Com, and a month ago i started with TA again) and i´m really looking forward for this game - but i would like to suggest some things i´m "concerned" about:

- There should also be way bigger planets - the Planet in the Video looks a bit too small for "epic" battles ( for example the 40x40 maps from the Original TA )
    - There should be Tech 3 - Tier Super Units like the Krogoth
    - I would like to see Shields and Small to Massive Defensive-Structures like in the Original (Big Berthas, Vulcans, Annihilator-Towers, Doomsday-Machines etc.)
    - There should be no Unit-Cap and massive Transportation-Units
    - A "easy" to use Developer-Kit would be cool to mod a lot of Units and Maps to the Game (like the TAUCP or TA:Frenzy Mods which brought about +200 new Units to Original TA)
    - There should be no "researching" - just Higher Building-Tiers which build better units (and consume massive Energy)
    - the Commander should be upgradeable like in Sup.Com.
    - and - at last: Physics - like in TA, rockets loose fuel, bullets travel in physical correct paths (and can - of course - miss) and so on.

But - even if you won´t implant this features i would love to see the finished Game! Wish you good luck with your Project!
  5. nii236

nii236 New Member

A really cool feature that Zero-K had that I haven't seen in other games is the ability to see the position of the cursor of your allies.

For instance in a 12 player game you'll see 5 cursors zipping around on the map, watching battles and jumping around. Its a really cool idea which allows you to feel like part of a team and also helps to know where your allies are currently directing their attention.
  6. thorneel

thorneel Member

7. rab777

rab777 New Member

Doesn't that kind of ruin the immersion?
  8. neophyt3

neophyt3 Member

That.... sounds.... epic!
  9. lynchbread

lynchbread New Member

Really like idea, it can't be that hard to put in the game, just put an option to turn it off if you would like because it seems some people feel it breaks immersion which I could understand.
  10. meateatr

meateatr New Member

Hey, I gotta say, I cant wait to play the 'true' successor to TA.

Anyways, I looked through the proposed list : http://planetaryannihilation.shoutwiki. ... _Confirmed

And I had a few suggestions. Blackholes were mentioned as an astronomical feature, but how about as a planet/solar system destroying weapon ? Shooting one will mean that the orbits of the celestial bodies will be altered, and as they begin to spiral in towards the object, they will break apart and disintegrate, causing the eventual death of the solar system (maybe it can only be used in the galactic scenarios then ?)

What about antimatter bombs that well ..... theyre like "normal" nukes, they just look a lot cooler, and carve out vast empty chunks into planets ?

I also thought about the idea of grey goo.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_goo

A molecular weapon, that, initially begins to consume the planet, slowly, but as time goes by, it begins to accelerate its progression, eventually causing catastrophic change and resulting in a grey/unusable planet ? The slow initial spread can also mean that potential countermeasures can be made for it (Specialized tactial antimatter/EMP bomb ?)
  11. linecircle

linecircle Member

The confirmation of terrain deformation and modding could very well mean that grey goo is doable with mods :)
  12. alessio931

alessio931 New Member

shame about the lack:

1) space combat (including espionage probes) spaceship

2) shields

3) other factions

I hope that in online games there are other ways than all against all, maybe two teams against the other two.

maybe in a future dlc with these things ...
    Last edited: September 9, 2012
  13. kbrambo

kbrambo New Member

A high contrast/ color blind mode would be great.
    Like now on the forum the difference between the green and yellow lines are hard to see.
  14. core188

core188 New Member

Sorry for my bad english but I`m from Germany.
    You should integrate a function to disable or enable the mark of the units. Because it defaced the units. I hate borders around units.
  15. TheLambaster

TheLambaster Active Member

Hm, I don't know if I am acting according to the intention of this thread if I just post all the links to threads I made so far suggesting certain features... ?

Advanced construction templates:
    viewtopic.php?f=61&t=35690

Suggestion: Add WiC-like communication system:
    viewtopic.php?f=61&t=35805

On production queues (advanced factory UI):
    viewtopic.php?f=61&t=36166

Planetary Assaults and Interstellar Transportation:
    viewtopic.php?f=61&t=36357

On tactical formations and movement:
    viewtopic.php?f=61&t=36528
  16. Bpol21

Bpol21 New Member

How about you can build a fake commander so it draws attention of enemy forces and you can ambush them or something along the lines.
  17. Yourtime

Yourtime Member

18. svip

svip Member

Uber said - on the Kickstarter comments at least - that colour blindness features will be part of the standard UI. Exactly how it's gonna work, I don't know.
  19. zechariel

zechariel New Member

Hey everyone.

I suggested this over on the KS, and have finally gotten around to making an account here too. In addition to their "mantle-shattering-KABOOM" use, would it be possible to make the asteroids that engines/bases are built on actually LAND in the water of a planet, to become an additional (now immobile) base?
    Dropping a fortified island base onto a water world (or into a sufficiently large body of water) would be a pretty cool strategic feature! :)
  20. thedbp

thedbp Member