1. zodiusinfuser

zodiusinfuser Member

First I would like to say that the concept of this game looks awesome! Being an ex TA modder I think it's great that you're bringing this playstyle back!

One of the best things about TA was its modding, so am really pleased that PA will support it in some capacity. I think a lot of what made TA modding so successful was the fact you could make something that looked good and worked well using simple tools (3DO Builder, Scripter etc), without the need for industry software like Max or Maya to design and texture the models. Obviously times have changed since then, but it would be great if PA modding could be made equally as straightforward. That being said based on the footage so far I would enjoy this game even if it didn't feature any modding support!

On the subject of the game, I've seen a lot of questions/suggestions about the game, but I've not seen anything come up about transports.

In the video it shows specific inter-planet transport vehicles for the commander and engineers, so that makes me wonder if there will be other types for larger numbers of more general units, sort of like planetary escape vehicles (Arks) where you can load in your most valuable units?

Are there plans to feature more general transport systems, like air transports, to quickly move armies around large planets? I liked the feature in SupCom where you could have transport routes with multiple transports assigned, and have all your factories rally their units to the transports.

One final transport thought, would you ever consider teleportation? The TA modding community has managed to add teleportation into various mods, allowing units to instantly travel between two linked gates. I just thing this feature would be cool and possibly make sense as an alternative to the generic inter-planet transport I suggested earlier.

Those are just a few of my thoughts and queries, I'll be sure to back you!
  2. jaysofacton

jaysofacton Active Member

3. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Teleportation will more than likely be in for later in the game (move stuff between planets easier).

We have plenty of ideas. Support the kickstarter so we can actually implement them ;)
  4. teju__

teju__ Active Member

I want ghetto-gunships! :)
  5. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

£1.99 in my bank account says I can't ;_;
  6. infinitycanvas

infinitycanvas Well-Known Member

But it doesn't charge your account until the Kickstarter is over. Will you have it by then?
  7. lirpakkaa

lirpakkaa New Member

How will teleportation work, exactly? If it's too easy and instant that's boring and makes it too hard to get your opponent caught off position.

If it's something like, needing a teleporter (or whatever tech it'd use, a "gating" teleport or just launching them off with a mass driver) on both ends, with some travel time needed and not being able to handle limitless amount of units at a time, sizable energy cost for using it... Then I'm all for it.

Which would be a big investment too, and would only beat one-way rocket propelled transportation in cost-effectiveness over the long term.
  8. TheLambaster

TheLambaster Active Member

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=36357
  9. zachb

zachb Member

The one thing I really did like from SC was the ferry command, and that experimental transport made it pretty awesome. I like the idea of setting up a production chain on one planet making ground units, and even replacement transports, then you put the ferry end point in the middle of someone else's base on their planet and watching the fireworks start up. The best part of the ferry command was that once you had everything set up your invasion would be completely automated.

Also the more ways to get units onto planets the better.

That Noah Unit Cannon from the video looks like a nice risky way to just fire robots at a world shotgun style.

It'd be nice to have different types of transports, stealth transports, high capacity transports, high armor high firepower hot drop transports, really fast one unit drop pods, a bomber style transport that would fly by and drop units on parachutes.

And as far as teleporters go it'd be hard to make them functionally different from the unit cannon. I guess you could build gates, then connect two gates and let units walk in one gate and out the other. Then you'd have to set up a forward base on someone's world before pouring units through.
  10. whip

whip New Member

I agree. The "Ferry Option" is definitely high up on my wish list as well.
    Furthermore, the ability for my allies to use my ferry line.