[REL] Online Players List in Server Browser - 51118

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by sneakyness, August 1, 2013.

1. sneakyness

sneakyness Member

Ever wondered who was playing? Now you can know! Note this only lists players in games and lobbies, and not players sitting in the server browser.

[​IMG]

It's not pretty, but it's styled to fit at the default window size. Bigger is fine, smaller will see some overlap. Feel free to change at will, the styles are all defined in the style property of the element in the html file.

Not going to be doing a walkthrough of future mods unless somebody needs an explanation. Was hoping to kindle some interest in HTML/JS from scared onlookers, haven't seen the enthusiasm I was hoping for :cry:

To install, overwrite PA/media/ui/alpha/server_browser.html/js with the versions I have attached below. I've "branded" this mod with my stream URL, as I have no idea what used to go there, and I'm lazy.

Enjoy! :mrgreen:

Edit: a sneakyness peak of what is coming soon
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: August 3, 2013
  2. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Nice work :D
  3. vipez

vipez Member

HOLY ****. Thats awesome! Great job!
  4. sneakyness

sneakyness Member

I made it do a thing

[​IMG]

Coming soon
  5. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

6. sneakyness

sneakyness Member

Still truckin'

[​IMG]
  7. oxide246

oxide246 Active Member

Mmmm sexy! Nice work.
  8. oxide246

oxide246 Active Member

Just tried this and the attached zip file doesn't have the css file included and seems to be broken. Can't see any names or nuttin.. Just your branding :(

Edit: Maybe there's not supposed to be a css file? But it still seems to be broken..
  9. sneakyness

sneakyness Member

The attachment in the first post was for the first version in that first screenshot for build 51118. I don't think much changed, if you diff the js/html between that attachment and the new build it shouldn't be too hard to figure out what goes where if you want the old one temporarily.

What I'm currently working on isn't released yet, just teasing w/ screenshots of progress. I still want to refine the times, and potentially introduce filters/sorting as well as a "friends list".
  10. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

omg good work!

EDIT:

Awesome! could you add sin some of oxide's Live Game Stats? maybe? pretty please?
  11. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

That mod has been discontinued; the lasted build moved the networking info out of javascript so it no longer works.
  12. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

alright, still best mod here. don't see why Uber wouldn't implement it.
  13. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

Does this work with the Beta builds? I can't get this to work. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but there is no data being populated in the Server Browser screen, and the formatting is off.

Edit: The following is a screenshot of what I get when I replace the server browser files with the ones in this mod. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? How did everyone else get this working?

upload_2013-10-1_21-17-15.png
    Last edited: October 2, 2013