[REL][52973]Bigger Stat Font Size

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by infuscoletum, July 2, 2013.

1. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

Release file for 52973 (no significant change since 51531, reorganized in 52973)
    (the included vXXXXX.txt file is basically the version that the mod was updated for. Obviously the "no change since" number should be less than or equal to this file's name)

Now works with raevn's ui mod manager: link

Here's a mod that changes the font values from the defaults loaded from ...\PA\media\ui\alpha\live_game\live_game.css, for the storage numbers, actual resource in/out, and the usage numbers on the unit mouseover/popup panel.

There is a readme in the zip as to how to add the mod to the game, but basically you extract the "biggerStatFonts" folder to your "PA/media/ui/mods" directory and make the following change to the "ui_mod_list.js" file in the same directory:

Code:
    var scene_mod_list = {
        'live_game': [
            '../../mods/biggerStatFonts/bigger_stat_fonts.css' <-- add this line into the section shown
        ]
    }

I've included a sample "ui_mod_list.js" file with this mod as the ONLY one as a reference in the zip as well.

(open up both of the following pics and flip between them to see size difference)
    Before:
    Normal.png

After:
    Bigger.png

Not really much of a mod, but I figure people can get directed here if they ask about the font size being too small :)

It still breaks the UI 1 digit earlier than normal, but things are finally readable on my 46" tv!

Attached Files:

Last edited: September 4, 2013
  2. infuscoletum

Re: Bigger Stat Font Size

<reserved/unneeded>
    Last edited: July 9, 2013
  3. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

Re: [REL]Bigger Stat Font Size

Please PM illysian and yourlocalmadsci to fuse your mod into theirs, they already alter this file.

cheers
  4. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Until Uber implements the proper modding system, mods are going to conflict. Merging every mod isn't really a feasible option for mod developers, this should be left to those using the mods (for now).
  5. infuscoletum

The thing is it only changes a couple of font sizes. I've been really meaning to sit down and really look through the css file and see if I can properly make the larger sizes of the incoming/using numbers beside the +/- properly centered and maybe extend the panel to fit longer #s.

If I do that I'll prolly post up an edits/changelog for what i've changed so other people can add it to their mods.

I work overnight now, and unfortunately my time being able to work on stuff like this has shrunk :(

EDIT: hell, i'm on my phone right now and my computer hasn't been on at all today :( :( :( :(
  6. infuscoletum

Edited the first/second posts to amalgamate infos, files (so there's only the current one), add pics, and some info on the edits I made to the css file so other people can include it if they want.

The second post is now pretty much unneeded...... if a mod wants to delete it go ahead, if not, no biggie either :D
  7. infuscoletum

Re: [REL][51531+]Bigger Stat Font Size

Converted this to the official modding system, and edited the OP with all relevant info/instructions/downloads/images. Works in 51531, and should work beyond that.

Might experiment around with margins and stuff later, but I don't really know.
  8. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

You'll still need to test it for each build, in case Uber change anything on the UI ;)
    But it does mean players wont need to re-install it.
  9. infuscoletum

Ya. I really am hoping to have more pa time starting in the near future :)
  10. infuscoletum

Re: [REL][51531]Bigger Stat Font Size

The in/out numbers should be vertically centered now. Also added a way to easily track versions if this ever gets broken. :geek:
  11. infuscoletum

Still works in 51853!
  12. infuscoletum

Still working as of 52168
  13. infuscoletum

Included ini file in zip to work with ui mod manager. I need to take new screens tho.....
  14. infuscoletum

Still works in 52973, although I did reorganize it into it's own folder. Doesn't use all the goodness of the ui mod manager tho.... next version maybe :D