Workaround for "Pick a location to spawn your commander" bug

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Raevn, June 10, 2013.

1. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Where your commander starts already spawned and it still asks you to "Pick a location inside one of the green zones to spawn your Commander".

Open the file PA\media\ui\alpha\live_game\live_game_alpha.js in notepad.

Change line 150 From:
    Code:
    return self.showLanding() === 'yes';
    To:
    Code:
    return false;
    This should allow you to play the game, although I haven't tested what this will do in multiplayer.
    Last edited: June 10, 2013
  2. xanatosx

xanatosx Member

Re: Workaround for "Pick a location to spawn your commander"

I linked this thread to Bug Tracker FS#40.
  3. zerglingswarm

zerglingswarm New Member

Thank you so much dude your the best ! :D
  4. bushybrows

bushybrows New Member

This fix worked but not entirely. It enabled me to actually build things and move properly, but it was extremely laggy and still behind proper time on the chronocam. Unplayable in mp but ok in single player, although everything takes a long time to build.
  5. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Try pressing "End" to catch up to chronocam. I think the long load causes you to start a little in the past (at least that's what I saw on the computer I tested this on).
  6. xanatosx

xanatosx Member

The problem is the game isn't optimized yet and you need a hell of computer to play it with 30 or 60 FPS.

The next problem is it seems like you need a fast internet connection to play, most part of the game happens on the Server not the Client.
    So if I unterstand right every movement-, build- or attackorder must go to the Server for calculation and the result goes back to the client.

The workaround just disabled the check if the commander is in place yet.

I'm just an hobby programmer so if I explaind the Server/Client model wrong please feel free to correct the explanation.
  7. thechessknight

thechessknight Member

This corresponds with my experience. My computer runs the game with only 10% CPU usage. but because I have a satellite Internet connection every order has a 2 or 3 second lag on response time and gets worse the longer the game lasts. My connection speed is also directly responsible for the game sitting in the pick location and waiting for players to join problem. I have not had that last problem so long as my connection is at least 150 KB a second.