Review Embargo Community Request

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by D3adm0nk3y, June 13, 2013.

1. D3adm0nk3y

D3adm0nk3y Member

I know Uber has said they will have no forms of NDA, but in the spirit of giving the right information out, I request that a Review Embargo be activated, effective immediately , and all previous reviews must be taken down(Metacritic).

Thank you.
  2. D3adm0nk3y

D3adm0nk3y Member

3. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

No, but I think us forum members should find review sites and post them here, and that Uber Entertainment should go to those running those sites, and have them take the page down or clear the page or lock the page with 0 reviews, as the game is not even released yet so nobody should have a gaddarn review for it.

How do you make a review on cybornetic brains, if they aren't released yet? How do YOU know how it works? Very shoddy information sharing, the site will more than likely be glad to take reviews down and lock it at 0 until december.

Everyone though, while it is full of whiley arsed reviews, everyone who can read this please go to that site and give it a 10. For what reason? Why do you need a reason? The steam folk didn't need a reason, so who cares, just give it a 10, its monopoly money anyway.
  4. Intekin

Intekin New Member

I would say to just ignore it and everything else the few renegade steam people do. It is alpha. Game is already funded. There is no publisher that will cut all ties and leave Uber bankrupt. The few of us that have alpha access loves it and we know it is alpha and we love every new build that is released.

Even if disgruntled people gives it a 1 or 0 on meta critic, it means nothing.
  5. killien

killien Active Member

I believe it was TotalBiscuit that went on a rant about how Metacritic should not be viewed as the go-to source of what is and is not good
    Prime example are all those 0-5 reviews based on the SEA price. How many people are actually going to read all of those reviews and think "wow, how can you review when you haven't played?" My guess would be less than 1%
  6. d10sfan

d10sfan Member

I think that the metacritic user reviews section should be purged and the game not set to released

The game isn't close to release yet, and almost all (or all) the "reviews" on metacritic are just complaining about the Steam alpha price, not talking about the game at all
  7. Rijjka

Rijjka New Member

Oh look the reviews have been purged and it's locked till release!

Hurrah! victory!