Steam Release put back?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Spinewire, June 6, 2013.

1. Spinewire

Spinewire Member

[​IMG]

Guess a lot of people won't be getting a alpha key tonight then. :(

Time to go to bed...
    Last edited: June 6, 2013
  2. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

We are still sending out plenty of keys to people and you can get the game from our website. Depending on how things go the goal is still to send out keys to all of our current backers really soon.

The idea here was to give us a week with just the backers to make sure everything is working ok because we have no idea how many steam people might show up on the first day. If people want instant access they'll be able to get it from us and then convert to steam later.
  3. GreenNuke

GreenNuke New Member

This is going to drive me crazy for the next six days....
  4. Spinewire

Spinewire Member

Personally I would rather you stagger the release as much as you need rather than letting everyone in and noone being able to play it.

Can still watch the streams tho so no bigs... Although seeing the amount of mass people are wasting is making me rage inside.

Prob won't be too bad if you are a Kickstarter I got the 90 version from the store though so I'm pretty low down on the list I am guessing.

Wonder if letting people buy the steam version now for it to unlock on the 13th would give you a better idea of how many people it will bring to the table ahead of time?
  5. tallbloke

tallbloke New Member

Can't say this is a surprise, and to be honest, it is fair for those people that backed on Kickstarter. So quite happy about that.

What I would love to see is all those who have backed at an alpha level getting a key for the weekend. That would make a lot of people very happy :)
  6. Spinewire

Spinewire Member

I'm off work tomorrow as well.

NOOOooooo!
  7. fellowplanet

fellowplanet New Member

That is a good idea. It would be helpful to check how stable it is with up to 8000 alpha backers and fix the mostly seen bugs before Steam Alpha begins.

But I hope we will get our keys really soon. I'm sure you (Uber Entertainment) are able to handle 8000 players on your server(s). :)
  8. muzzledelk

muzzledelk Member

I got the $40 from the kickstarter, and recently upgraded to the $90 level so I could play with the alpha. Is there any chance you could give me an ETA of when I'd get a key?
  9. sab0t

sab0t Member

i am "in between" steam and kickstarter. i purchased the galactic edition off the uber store, and upgraded it to cosmic recently. where exactly does that demographic fit in?
  10. Spinewire

Spinewire Member

With me at the bottom of the list I believe...
  11. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

If I had to hazard a guess, you'd get it after the KS people and before the Steam people.

Within that order, you might be sorted by cost.
  12. sab0t

sab0t Member

this is my guess as well! thanks

gratz to all those that got in, we'll all be ganging up on you next week :p
  13. tugimus

tugimus Member

Just do some other stuff in the mean time, because once you get access, you won't remember waiting anyway.
  14. killroyk13

killroyk13 New Member

15. JuggernautOfWar

JuggernautOfWar Member

Good I am happy to hear this. Last thing I want is your servers crashing and causing more problems.
    "Instant access" means what exactly here? I pre ordered earlier this week and still have no access, so I think the word "instant" should not be used here. I don't want anybody to be mislead reading this.
  16. blizz003

blizz003 New Member

so many names on the bottom of the list its a black smudge at this point...
  17. JuggernautOfWar

JuggernautOfWar Member

I love how they said "We appreciate your patience and understanding as we’ve been rolling this Alpha out, and we look forward to playing the game with you!". I absolutely love this game company. I might have to buy Super MNC just to support them.
  18. Spinewire

Spinewire Member

Hmmmm there were about 8200 ppl in the KS who would get alpha keys + everyone who bought keys from the store before may 15 that are in front of me.

They have handed out 1600ish keys so far....

Guessing the $90 store bought keys will be landing about Wednesday at the earliest unless they just start firing them out left and right.
  19. JuggernautOfWar

JuggernautOfWar Member

Please read this quote from Uber:
  20. rubberbandau

rubberbandau New Member

Not sure how they are doing it but I pledged $90 as soon as the announcement came out but I don't think I followed up on the emails properly to get my pledge rewards confirmed in Uber properly or my email address verified.

There are many different factors at play so perhaps patience is the, pardon the pun, key.

Anyone got some they can give me? *carries on compulsively checking email*.