Pre-Discussion ~ LiveStream: May 3rd, 2013

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Culverin, April 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Culverin

Culverin Post Master General

:shock:

[​IMG]

What I'm hoping to see:
    - First steps into an advanced unit control GUI (chained commands, patrol, etc...)
    - How flow field works with 2 opposing forces.
    - Something blowing up. You know, maybe a Com? :twisted:
  2. crseth

crseth Member

All of that plus I would love to see more than one orbital body! Planet + moon?

:eek: Can't wait
  3. pudeldestodes

pudeldestodes Member

as long as you're crashing some asteroids into planets, i'll be more than happy :D
  4. mrknowie

mrknowie Member

Twice the combat? The only combat we had in the last stream was the unicorn, which was an assault upon the viewer... so two unicorns?
  5. Xagar

Xagar Active Member

Well, any combat would be an infinity% increase from none, unless they're thinking additively, which would just be SILLY.

Anyway, I hope we see some ballistic weapons, and hopefully some artillery and AA fire as well to see how it looks.
  6. syox

syox Member

GJ creating the thread.
    First I read the post of livestream and was all happy.
    Then I saw the date.
    How does uber expect ne to finish my study like this.
  7. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

Any chance of something a little special for the Backers this time? or are we waiting until after this stream? (again)

I'm guessing 'Backers Only' stuff is on the waiting list again though... probably until Alpha.
  8. menchfrest

menchfrest Active Member

backer only: Access to alpha?
  9. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

So in the lead up to Alpha, which will be roughly at the end of May, the Backers will have gone without a substantial piece of information since March 14th.

All I'm saying is that every topic that's being discussed in the Backers Lounge is just a copy of the threads present in General Discussion and vice-versa.

Just a bit of a shame (IMO) that there's been no real distinction between the Backers Lounge and General Discussion since the Delta Commander Update.
    Last edited: April 24, 2013
  10. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

The backers forum was created for a number of reasons, but honestly, we're not going to create a lot of extra work JUST to show something off to backers first, which is the state we're currently in.

We want to show off the stuff we can, but more than that, we want to make a game and get the alpha out.
  11. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

I don't see the need to be constantly reminded I'm "special" for backing.
    Continue to use the backers forum if and when it makes sense otherwise keep crunching! *whipcrack* ;)
  12. Shireknight

Shireknight Member

The only reason I'm not an early backer is because I didn't find out about PA until after the Kickstarter promotion ended so to be fair I completely sympathise with ooshr32, if I was an early backer I'd feel I deserve to be treated a bit special especially given some of the large sums of cash some of the backers have paid.
  13. siefer101

siefer101 Active Member

Combat you say.... well there goes an hour of study... but it will be a nice and hopefully well deserved break!!! And liking frequency of updates and live streams keep up the fabulous work!!!
  14. Devak

Devak Post Master General

well we ARE at a pretty crucial state of the game, one important to EVERYONE especially the people who didn't want to preorder a game about some grey boxes and vaguely implemented features.

I expect the real good backer-only era will come after alpha, when Uber has an idea of what units work and do not work and what stuff is needed.

Anyway, quite surprised that may 3rd is the next date. Sooner than i expected.

Expectations?

ALL. OUT. WAR.
  15. Culverin

Culverin Post Master General

I'm a backer.
    I don't really feel the need for a backer forum.

I had imagined that the alpha and beta forum would be the backer forums.

Don't do extra work, not sure it's needed.
    Last edited: April 25, 2013
  16. comham

comham Active Member

I see the backer forum as the place where you'd post stuff not finished to the point where it's suitable for a general audience. Backers, with their greater faith in the devs, are more forgiving and sympathetic to flaws/unfinished stuff (like untextured units in the whitebox sheet) so their feedback will be more helpful than a flood of "LOL WHERE ARE THE TEXTURES GRAPHICS SUCK". Or have people complain about changes, general audiences being unfamiliar with the idea that things change during development.

But now that development is at a point where stuff is looking pretty polished, it's better to post it publicly and build hype. So the backers lounge is redundant for a lot of things.

As for pre-discussion of the combat tests... nerf the tanks, they're clearly OP.
  17. Hydrofoil

Hydrofoil Member

Im hoping to see a quick match between two of the Uber team maybe i think this would be the best way to show off the major features they have been implemented at the moment. It would also give people a good idea of what they are going to see in the beta!

Also PLEASE release the planet builder tool to the public PLEASE! i want to play around with the settings and build planets! :D
  18. SmoothApproach

SmoothApproach Member

Up voting on this, that would be over the top :D
  19. liamdawe

liamdawe Active Member

20. therishka

therishka New Member

I would like to see some tactical features if it's possible. In example: high-ground advantage, air superiority, long-range attack units, etc...

OFFTOP: every1 is talking about backer forums? What is it? I thought this one we're discussing at is the backer forum=)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.