My little Fanart thread

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mushroomars, April 20, 2013.

1. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

Because I just love this game so much, I decided to do an entire set of fully posable units, styled as a combination of the old Nomads faction and the new, cleaner and less ugly PA faction. I have about 4 sheets of concept art, totaling to around a hundred models, and I don't think I'm done drawing just yet.

I also have an apprentice of mine working on this, because he had nothing better to do and seemed enthusiastic about the idea and the game. But without further ado;

All teamcolors will be beige, because it is a Nomadsey color and goes well with the palette for the textures, that and pink clashes too much with it.

T2 Tracked Fabber
    Deployed and Undeployed
    NOW WITH HAZARD STRIPES!
    The excessive panel lines are a result of new and old art styles clashing, but I think it gives it a pretty neat rustic look. And yes, I know the treads look like **** (which is the reason for the camera angle), I'll fix them when I look up how to actually make good looking treads.
    Last edited: April 20, 2013
  2. orcaleader

orcaleader New Member

3. RCIX

RCIX Member

The thread title implicitly promised tank ponies, I am disappoint :<

In all seriousness, how would you feel about a potential teaming up? I could really use a 3d artist for my mods :)
    Last edited: April 20, 2013
  4. syox

syox Member

:D
  5. mushroomars

I've been looking to do that myself. The issue with teaming up, however, is that everyone has a different creative point of view that have tendencies tp clash spectacularly.

But I'm an optimist. I think. I posted a thread a while back about possibly rounding up all of the modding talent that has followed PA thus far and possibly creating some sort of gigantic mod, on a scale similar to the game itself. A daunting task, but wouldn't it be so cool?!

Edit: Main post updated with 50% more HAZARDSTRIPE.
  6. mushroomars

MEGA Necro, I've been doing a lot of modeling, but for a mod, not really fanart. Anyways, I finally decided to do a model of Stealth's Jon Mavor Tech Commander:
    First past before I go to bed, took me about an hour and a half of total work (been working on it in between matches, meals, working on other models and real life stuff):
    [​IMG][​IMG]

The proportions are just about right, I might slim down the legs a little and obviously I need to connect all the limbs. Anyone have any suggestions on how to do this without varying from the concept art?

Edit: The Camera Angle's a bit higher in my render, I'm lazy and tired.
  7. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

The joints should be hard to see, so you could start with a basic kind of triangle and grow them from there?
  8. YourLocalMadSci

YourLocalMadSci Well-Known Member

Needs moar ponytail.