planetary annihilation beta launch

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by tommie77, November 1, 2012.

1. tommie77

tommie77 New Member

my question what still is unanswered is a possible release date of the beta of planetary annihilation or at least a rough guess how long it possibly would take.

with kind regards,
  2. verrallg

verrallg New Member

Having worked with developers, they probably don't want to answer that question until they have reached a certain point in the development process. From what I have seen, these guys are really active in their community, so I'm sure we will know when they think the game has reached a point where they feel comfortable opening it up to beta access.
  3. ajoxer

ajoxer Member

"I've told you, I get these orders from the company. I don't ask because it takes two weeks to get an answer, and the answer's always 'don't ask.'"

(A reply to the original poster, not to the second poster. I just wanted to quote Aliens.)
  4. voodoomaster

voodoomaster Member

No need to hurry. More time = more features
  5. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

The beta will come out when you clean your room and do the dishes. :lol:
  6. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

The beta will come out after the alpha and before the retail.
  7. japporo

japporo Active Member

"Good things come to those who wait."

One hopes that Uber will take as much time as they need to create a polished, well-balanced, and (of course) awesome result.
  8. dffmmm

dffmmm Member

No! stop asking.
  9. ronlugge

ronlugge New Member

How about alpha? I'd love to hear more on that!

(And please, dont' tell me 'alpha won't be worth playing'; I played Sins from Beta 2 and it was worth playing... despite being a totally different game every beta, it was fun to watch how the systems developed and grew into the smash hit game that it became)
  10. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

I've already got pa.app on this machine. You guys don't have it yet? ;)
  11. elexis

elexis Member

I could lower the poly count in supreme commander and paint every texture red or orange and pretend it's pa?
  12. ronlugge

ronlugge New Member

I could hate you so much right now!
  13. Alcheon

Alcheon Member

not decided,
    alpha will commence when the devs feel that enough progress has been made to warrant an alpha release to generate feedback, though the livestream the other day indicated that they did seem to think that the game would be in a playable state sometime nearing the end of the year, though that doesnt necessarily mean that its to the point where an alpha release would be warranted. the beta release will commence some unspecified time after that
  14. paulzeke

paulzeke Member

Neutrino mentioned in his last video update that they plan on having something playable by the new year. It was stated more as a goal than a promised release. But from the sounds of it they now have a dream team of code wizards, so November is going to see a lot of cool stuff built
  15. Daddie

Daddie Member

I am already the beta :cool: ... u didnt get the mail?

On a more serieus note: as much as we all want to play the game as soon as possible I want Uberent to take the time to create a new legendary game instead of rushing it to please some impatient people..
  16. Yourtime

Yourtime Member

oh you ;D I think I have it too ;D
  17. lordantag

lordantag Member

On the live Q&A this week Mavor said they are aiming for an alpha release by the end of the year.

But keep two things in mind: Alpha is Alpha (a.k.a not feature complete), and that they might miss the mark if they don`t think the game is at the place they want.

On an almost unrelated note: Kudos for neutrino for being so active on posting tech updates. As a game dev I`m very happy with what I`m seeing. :D
  18. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

I'm playing the beta right now, you mean you're not on the secret forums?
  19. ronlugge

ronlugge New Member

No, apparently they neglected to give me access.
  20. scottx125

scottx125 New Member

Alpha release? When its out, stop asking until then.
    Beta release? When its out, stop asking until then.
    Right next question? :evil: