What's up this week?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by neutrino, October 2, 2012.

1. supremevoid

supremevoid Member

Good to know.
    I hope the next UBER(Sorian) update is coming soon.
  2. felipec

felipec Active Member

Cool.. I will follow your blog more closely
  3. chronoblip

chronoblip Member

Perhaps a blog entry could be an interview with someone who bought you a drink at the AFK Tavern in Everett... ;)
  4. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

I'm fairly certain it's on his way home from the office.

I dropped by AFK once but haven't been there in a long time.
  5. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Indeed it is. I've never been there.
  6. degoroth

degoroth New Member

Perhaps we could have a celebration meet up for all the fans in the Everett and general North West area of Washington. Once the game is done of course!
  7. adecoy95

adecoy95 Member

hopefully the lenses of the documentary crew are stalking you all atm
  8. neutrino

Not all the time but we film regularly. If you think about how many minutes there are in a documentary even filming major events causes you to have insane amounts of footage. For example I think we had 5 hours of footage that became the kickstarter video you guys saw.
  9. mrmaximo

mrmaximo Member

so how about that fulfillment site?
  10. thapear

thapear Member

It'll be done when it's done. No need to keep whining about it.
  11. Yourtime

Yourtime Member

How long will be the documentary? Never saw one of yours. Should we expect 1-2h?

*curious question* will it be interactive? like a sub game (walking trough the dev studio and get some info about the team and their doing aswell some vids of their doing and some summaries) xD or an awesome video documentation?
  12. neutrino

There is no set length, whatever makes sense for the footage we have and the story we want to tell. It probably won't be interactive though, that's called a game ;)
  13. zordon

zordon Member

So what's up this week neutrino?
  14. neutrino

I'm still mainly working on planet generation. The weekend was mostly spend getting the planet archttypes and terrain biome stuff setup and working. The next phase is more complex geometry generation using the art Steve is creating. I've already written most of the underlying stuff for that, it's more an issue of layout and generating cool stuff with it (although I still have some tech work do to). I've also done some setup and experimentation with features (trees etc). I can report that I'm happy with the results so far.

WJ continues to work on our UI solution. We think we have this kinda/mostly/sorta dialed in but it's just getting there and we could shift directions on it if something blows up. More on that later but it encapsulates scripting/ui and some other stuff.

William had to put a bunch of work into the build system to see if we could make the UI stuff work cross platform. Seems possible so he's moved back onto sim/replication. I've described the work elsewhere but it's slowly getting more solid as we move forward. One interesting aspect of this work is that the scalability is probably going to happen in a different place than I thought (multiple connection servers, not multiple separate sim servers).

Sorian is starting in 2 weeks.
  15. zordon

zordon Member

Nice one, interesting stuff indeed. Thanks for the update.
  16. Consili

Consili Member

Thanks for the update, I very much enjoy reading up on the progress. Glad to hear nothing has blown up on you as yet.
  17. paulzeke

paulzeke Member

Great to hear, thanks for being so detailed. I can't wait to see the when you start experimenting with full planet generation. I'm really hoping for some bitchin flyby videos :mrgreen:
  18. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

And by two weeks he means 9 days :)
  19. supremevoid

supremevoid Member

:lol:
  20. LordQ

LordQ Active Member

Expecting an explosion of awesome when you arrive Sorian, hehe.

And thanks for the update.