Giving orders to structures before they begin to be built

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by thorneel, September 6, 2012.

1. thorneel

thorneel Member

I don't know if it was in TA, but one nice feature of SupCom or Zero-K is to give orders to structures as soon as their construction begin, that they will carry out once they are built. I expect to see the same feature in PA, but why not go further?
    Several times, I found myself wishing to give orders to buildings further down the order queue, whose construction hasn't begun yet. Would it be possible to give orders to such still unbuilt structures? Would it be a good idea?
    Last edited: September 7, 2012
  2. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Re: Giving orders to still unbuilt structures

This. And the ability to set initial unit states from the factories (an example would be the cybran ASF stealth). Also be able to give initial assist orders for units built from factories (such as when building engineers, you want them to immediately assist another unit).
  3. coldboot

coldboot Active Member

Excellent idea, especially being able to assist queued structures.

If you end up deleting the queue item, no big deal, the orders are just canceled or lost.

Would you guys mind adding a link to the Planetary Annihilation Wiki and detailing the features in a page?
  4. TheLambaster

TheLambaster Active Member

Very good idea indeed. I guess this doesn't get much attention because the title leads people to think of structures that are being build, like it is in supcom... what then would be nothing new.
  5. thorneel

thorneel Member

Re: Giving orders to structures before they begin to be buil

Added to the suggested features on the wiki. I also changed the title to something more explicit.