Reclaim patrol/repair patrol improvement and scavenging.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by 0ritfx, August 30, 2012.

1. 0ritfx

0ritfx Member

I always use some flier+builder combo to patrol the skies above my likely-to-damage structures. Some mods even have units just for that! I also often use a e.g. commander at the beginning phase of the games to help out my energy/metal budget by the reclaim patrol.
    What I would like to see are the on/off settings for the patrolling/scavenging units to:

-Scavenge metal - the unit will reclaim any wreckage/rock/building that can give some metal.
    -Scavenge energy - as above, just with energy.
    -Repair - fly around and repair!
    -Build - fly around and help building!

This way I can ensure that my repairer-on-duty will not stick 80% of its time nanolathing tanks instead of repairing the already existing ones. Or I can send a builder to scavenge both metal and energy.
  2. coldboot

coldboot Active Member

This should be set as a list of priorities, combined with area (oval or rectangle) commands. The unit would constantly monitor the area specified for damaged units, constructing buildings, etc and finish the highest priority item on its list of tasks to do.

You could click+drag the relative priorities in the unit's "fire state"-like menu.
  3. bongologist

bongologist Member

Sorry if this isn't directly related to the topic, but how do you actually put a unit on patrol?

When I have tried by selecting the patrol option it makes no difference when I order the unit he will move there and stop and not patrol even if I try and join the patrol together by clicking them on top of each other.
  4. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

At the moment, issuing a patrol order doesn't use the current unit position as the first waypoint. So issuing a patrol order is just saying "patrol from the selected point to the selected (ie. same) point". Just issue a second patrol order (with shift) after the first and the unit will patrol between them. I'm guessing this is just temporary.
  5. bongologist

bongologist Member

So simple but yet I couldn't figure it out lol, thanks bud.
  6. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

I really like this idea.
  7. 0ritfx

0ritfx Member

wow... You guys do realize that you have necrophiled this topic after a year of dormancy? Good to see it getting some interest though.