paypal Donations

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by rarrr, August 21, 2012.

1. rarrr

rarrr New Member

Hi,

Out of curiosity, is it possible that you publish the amount of money you got via PayPal Donations as well?
  2. redarrow7216

redarrow7216 Member

bumping as I'm quite interested in this as well. In some country's minors are not allowed to have a credit card and pay by paypal, and lets be realistic, teenagers play way more games than most of us do.
  3. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Isn't the average age of Gamers supposed to like mid 30s?

Mike
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

mid 30th? wow thats old. I dont know of many people that age who are "gamers".
    I somewhere saw a static that the ppl interested in PA are mostly between 24 and 30 or so.
  5. felipec

felipec Active Member

I am also interested in this information.. A huge part of the donations will be made via paypal.
  6. yinwaru

yinwaru New Member

I'm more curious if Uber will add the PayPal donations to the Kickstarter on the last day or something, so that they will count toward any stretch goals. I can see why wouldn't want to do that (needlessly adding more tax), but it'd be nice to have them count toward stretch goals at least.
  7. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

So far paypal is a small fraction of the total. As we expect it to be btw.
  8. coldboot

coldboot Active Member

I think the average or median age of gamers interested in this game will be around 30 because most of Total Annihilation's fan base who might take one more crack at PC gaming were likely teenagers in 1997.

I have convinced several of my childhood friends to come out of PC gaming retirement because of this game, due to their memories from Total Annihilation alone.

I've waited half of my life for this time to come.
  9. redarrow7216

redarrow7216 Member

if these people are interested, they likely have jobs (and money). I think otherwise since there's been a lot of $20 donations. To me seems more like kids contributing as well who want a cheap game.

oh btw, good to see you guys in here colin/mike :)
  10. thygrrr

thygrrr Member

If you donate via paypal, and the kickstarter doesn't meet its funding, do the paypal backers get their money back as well?
  11. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Yes.
  12. cola_colin

I dont think that anybody who has money automatically spend huge amount for a kickstarter like this. Most people will be stopped from paying too much by their common sense, that says them: "Games dont cost much more than ~40€, Blizzards 60€ for D3 was already far too much"

who are you btw, I cant remember a "redarrow7216".
  13. redarrow7216

redarrow7216 Member

I'm mostly active for the supreme commander 2 community on gamereplays.org.

Seen mike posting a lot on gpgforums, and I've played countless battles with keyboardxyz and others vs you ingame.

I'm (MM) :: redarrow on steam. Might ring a bell.
  14. cola_colin

Hmm now, I didnt play SupCom 2 for very long, cant remember much names from that time.
    Well lets just play lots of games in PA once its alpha, so I might remember your name in the future :)
  15. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Yeah, a lot of time spent over there! xD

Mike
  16. rarrr

rarrr New Member

I can imagine this to be true for several reasons. E.g there are only outliers to older age, no outliers to maintain the correct average on the young side (e.g. if average was infact 20, then there may be some 60 year olds playing games, but there are no minus 20 year young ones for outliers of 40 years in both directions...)(also our over-aged demography rises the average...)
    But even more than that I guess that a lot of young people play way more pc, but they don't necessarily have the money to buy all the games they play... and then they play those games more exhaustively... whereas older people have the money to pay for all the games they play, and be it only occasionally.
    So young ones play few games alot, and older ones play a lot of games a little. But not the amount of time people spend playing but the amount of games they buy gets into the statistics...
    Also, I know several people above 30 playing way more PC games than me.. and I am not that far from the 30 myself anymore :(