If you had $5000...

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by kvalheim, August 16, 2012.

1. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

What would your nickname unit be!

So what would you create?
  2. jbeetle

jbeetle Well-Known Member

I'm not going to say what my last name is, but it would be the most hilarious name for a unit ever.
  3. ferigad

ferigad Member

I would stay with what i sayed in the other Topic. Ferigad-Class Battletank. A standart Tank Unit that you can spawn and that should be a part of the Backbone from your Army when you attack the enemy base.

I guess a double-barrel Plasmagun, mid-size tank version with a litte radar-dish on top of it. ^^
  4. embox

embox Moderator Alumni

I know a guy who makes copious amounts of money and he's also interested in this game so he said he might do it.
    As for me, I'd probably be forced to call it 420_xX_w33d_b0ng_sm0k3r, Mecha_Hitler or Scuba Steve.
  5. RaTcHeT302

RaTcHeT302 Guest

Gosh, it would sound horrible, I'd use 15$ to buy the game and I'd keep the rest to upgrade my PC in the future.
  6. ferigad

ferigad Member

Oh btw. a kvalheim Supercarrier, i dont know.

But i would say yes to a Pitgirl-Class Battle Robot :p That even Sounds intressting! xD
    "Watch out, they sending Pitgirls!" :p

Or

"Damn, its rainin Pitgirls on my base!" o_O
  7. RaTcHeT302

RaTcHeT302 Guest

That's scary. really
  8. kelaros

kelaros New Member

Mikey Cantor clone engineer/saboteur - can capture enemy building and sell them for quick buck.
  9. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

Nah, that's what I'd have as my $1k Unique commander. A Pit Girl :3
  10. ferigad

ferigad Member

i rlly fight with myself if i should go up on 100 for the Alpha acess....grrr... i mean, i dont have additional 50 bucks atm , but i would have them next month. And kickstarter will get the money at the 16th Next month, not before. Tempting...

And i would crush that Pitgirl with at least a moon, just to be on the save side.
  11. headhunter1

headhunter1 New Member

Heady-Destroyer of Worlds
  12. infinitycanvas

infinitycanvas Well-Known Member

I would say, "Infinity Rex," for my name.
  13. bloodvizor

bloodvizor Active Member

I have like 3 fanarts and like, 10 pages of notes for this.

Rather not spoil it, but here is a hint
    [​IMG]
  14. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

RV-01 Ravus Vulpus unit. Scouts robots that imitate natural creatures to avoid movement scans. Weak in battle and only do minor damage to structures, but fast, low cost, and can give a very short crippling or general debuff effect to an enemy group if taken without notice. Generally only useful in battle with other units nearby.
    Last edited: August 17, 2012
  15. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Some sort of awesome long range laser cannon
  16. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

I would want a super massively giant gun!
  17. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

A giant magnet, that sucked bullets and projectiles out of the air.
  18. infinitycanvas

infinitycanvas Well-Known Member

. . . Isn't that a bit counter intuitive? Because it's sucking in the missiles instead shooting them down? Plus you know, meteors aren't exactly metal anyway.
  19. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

No, why on earth (or any other planet you happen to invade) would a magnet shoot things? ;P
  20. bloodvizor

bloodvizor Active Member

Let us say there are three different types of planets/meteors you can put jets on and fly into other planets as a weapon. One of the three types costs a good deal more to weaponize, lets call it type C.

Let us also say that you can build two types of magnet planets, ones that can grab either type A or B weaponized planet/meteors and throw redirect it away or even back at a planet of the commander that threw it.

Type C weaponized planet/meteor costs more and is harder to make, and moves slower or something, but has no counter magnet planet/meteor.

[​IMG]

Knowing what your planet is/can be weaponizing or planing to counter would be good for tactics. You can go all out with a sure-hit with planet/meteor type C, but at a larger cost.